Celebrate California Wine Month with this tasty chicken recipe
September is California Wine Month! What better way to observe one of our favorite times of the year than whipping up a tasty recipe that incorporates vino as one of the main ingredients? He
re, just one of many recipes we’ll be presenting this month in honor of the state’s month-long recognition of our favorite libation.
Chicken is delectable, but it’s even better when it’s doused with white wine and garlic. We’re so excited about this hearty and savory recipe from Epicurious.com because it’s ideal for the start of fall. White wine lovers—here’s one just for you!
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 3 oz.)
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 whole boneless chicken breasts (about 12 oz.), halved
- Salt and pepper
- 3 T. dry white wine (like ONEHOPE’s California Chardonnay or California Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms begin to brown (about five minutes).
- Transfer mushrooms to a plate; keep warm.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and then add to skillet and cook until brown on both sides, turning once (about six minutes).
- Add wine and lemon juice to the skillet and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to two tablespoons (about two minutes).
- Place chicken on top of the mushrooms. Drizzle chicken with pan juices. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.