Do Your Piece
Do Your Piece for Autism Awareness Month! Did you know that 1 in 68 children has been identified with autism spectrum disorder ? Join us in April, during Autism Awareness month, to make an impact by hosting a Blue Party viaONEHOPE. It's the perfect way taste delicious wine in your own setting and make an impact on this worthy cause.
Did you know?
- Autism is four to five times more common among boys than girls.
- An estimated 1 out of 42 boys and 1 in 189 girls are diagnosed with autism in the United States.
- ASD affects over 3 million individuals in the U.S. and tens of millions worldwide.
- A previous study has shown that with intensive ABA therapy, the average IQ increase was 30 points.
- It is recommended that children with autism receive 30-40 hours of ABA therapy per week.
- 1:1 ABA Therapy (non-supervisor) costs vary depending on the state and provider. This can range from $45/hr (average in Illinois) to $60/hr (average in California).
- Timely and intensive ABA-based therapy has an 80-90% success rate in children with autism.
- ABA based therapy has an 80-90% success rate in the 3 million people affected by autism in the US.
- ABA based therapy has an 80-90% success rate in children with autism. There are over 3 million people living with autism in the US.
To date, ONEHOPE has provided 1,105 children with ABA therapy through the organization, ACT Today! Every 10 cases of ONEHOPE Cabernet sold funds ABA therapy for one child with autism.
Select our non-profit partner ACT Today! OR choose your own Autism non-profit to support with 15% of sales from your event benefitting autism awareness and treatment.
Why we love ACT Today!:
Their mission is to raise awareness and provide treatment services and support to families to help their children with autism reach their full potential.
ACT Today! introduces and helps facilitate early and on-going treatment by providing necessary resources (including referrals, funding and guidance to individuals with autism and their families.
Our Blue Party Pack makes it so easy to decorate!
Purchase a Blue Party Pack for $20 (discounted from $60 MSRP) on your viaONEHOPE CEO's storefront. Each Party Pack includes the following:
- Blue paper tassels
- White & gold paper chevron table runner (8')
- 2 printed signs (8"x10")
- Blue Napkins
- Blue & white paper straws (24)
- Blue rubber bracelets (20)
Tip from Meg: We kept our party simple and budget friendly with a variety of cheeses (Brie, Vermont Cheddar, Blue Cheese and a Goat Cheese Spread), an assortment of crackers, salami and fig spread for guests to enjoy while wine tasting. For a little something sweet, we offered blue cake pops (picked up from a local bakery) and a blueberry banana trifle for dessert (recipe below). Since it was a warm spring day, we opted to create a ONEHOPE Cabernet Sangria that was delicious and kept our guests coming back for more.
Blackberry Orange Pomegranate Sangria
1 bottle ONEHOPE Cabernet Sauvignon
1/4 cup Grand Marnier
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water heated until sugar is fully dissolved)
pomegranate seeds (optional)
1) Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or carafe and tightly seal for 24 hours before serving
2) Fill glasses with crushed ice and garnish with fresh orange slices, apple slices, blackberries and pomegranate seeds before serving.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Blueberry Banana Trifle
4 large bananas
1 box Vanilla Wafers
8 oz. container cool whip
1 cup sour cream
2 cups blueberries
5 cups of milk - whole or 2%
3 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1) Mix pudding as directed with 5 cups of milk. Once it starts thicken, add the sour cream. Mix well and then fold in the cool whip. Reserve a little to put on top.
2) Put small amount of pudding at bottom of triffle to hold first layer of vanilla wafers in place, then add layer of banana slices, then add pudding mixture, then wafers, then blueberries, then pudding mixture until your bowl is full. Top with cool whip and some crushed wafer crumbs if desired, or garnish with anything else you'd like.
Make at least 8 - 12 hours in advance and keep refrigerated.