A well balanced Chardonnay and figs offer an unforgettable combination. Add a buttery, flaky pastry crust, brie and walnuts and the pairing will have your guests quickly coming back for seconds.
Prep: 20 minutes
- 1 package phyllo dough sheets (available in the dessert freezer aisle)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 - 10-14 oz. wheel of brie cheese (cut into 12 wedges)
- Fig spread (available in this set)
- Walnuts (I use Fresh Gourmet Glazed Walnuts)
- Allow phyllo dough to thaw for time designated on the package and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on wax paper and brush with melted butter. Layer another piece of phyllo dough on top and repeat until you have 6 layers.
- Cut the phyllo dough into 12 sections.
- Butter the bottoms and sides of each well of a cupcake pan and place each section of 6 layers of phyllo dough into individual wells. You need to have enough phyllo to wrap around the contents and close on the top so it's sometimes easier to save one of the 6 layers for covering the top.
- Place one wedge of brie into the bottom of each cup and layer 3 tablespoons of fig spread and 1 tablespoon of walnuts into each cup. You should use all of your fig spread so if you have extra, add it to your pastries.
- Close each cup and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Place on bottom rack of oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until phyllo is slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Gently scoop each cup out being careful not to tear the layers and place on serving dish. Serve while warm with ONEHOPE Chardonnay - DELICIOUS!