We’ve reached the finale of our recipes honoring California Wine Month. So, for the perfect ending, we’ve decided to present you with an amazing dessert recipe. What better way to end the celebration…as well as to cap off a delicious meal? Get ready for a flavor overload; this sweet ending from lifeloveandsugar.com is super-moist and full of champagne flavor.
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup, plus 2 T., champagne (like ONEHOPE’s North Coast Reserve Sparkling Brut)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 T. champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and champagne and mix on medium speed just until smooth (don’t over mix).
- Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way. Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about two minutes, and then cool on a rack.
- Combine butter and shortening and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add champagne and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add a little more champagne, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Top the cupcakes with icing.
Note: You may notice little bits of butter in the batter, but that's OK. They will melt into the cupcake as they bake.