With the holidays right around the corner, we are putting out another recipe as part of our Holiday Recipe Series to give you some food inspiration this season. Our next recipe is Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts + Asparagus Tips, which is great for a side dish at the Thanksgiving table or for an appetizer for the guests before the main course.
lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
2. 1 Bunch Asparagus
3. 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
5. 1 cup slivered almonds
6. 2 -3 teaspoons sea salt (to taste)
7. 2 -3 teaspoons fresh black pepper (or to taste)
8. ONEHOPE white wine (CA Sauvignon Blanc or Estate Sauvignon Blanc)
1. Trim the cut ends of the brussels sprout, remove any outer leaves that fall off, and cut the sprouts in half lengthwise. Use top 1/3 of Asparagus -remove last inch. Slice the rest into thin circles.
2. Heat oil and in a large flat-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
3. When the oil is hot, sprinkle salt and pepper in the oil and cover the bottom of the pan with the sprouts, cut side down. Don't worry if the greens touch.
4. Sprinkle the top of the sprouts with a little more salt and pepper and let them sizzle for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Divide the butter and drop small amounts around the top of the pan. It will melt down over the sprouts.
6. After another minute or two, check a sprout to see if it's browning nicely. If so, turn the sprouts over and allow the other sides to brown for another 5 minutes. Drop in a good dash of ONEHOPE Sparkling Brut or CA Sauvignon Blanc and burn off or flambe’.
7. Scatter the almonds over the sprouts and stir the pan to incorporate the nuts. Watch carefully to prevent the almonds from scorching.
** YOU WANT IT STILL VERY CRISP & BRIGHT GREEN – SO NO SOGGY GREENS.
Serve whilst still green and bright. You can serve with a white sauce – however they’re so delicious, naked greens are all you need.
Hope you enjoy making these delicious and healthy greens!
The ONEHOPE Team