Sparkling Apple Cider with Thyme Cocktail
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total: 2 hours
- 8 ounces dark rum
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces thyme simple syrup (recipe below)
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 1 bottle (750ml) ONEHOPE Sparkling Wine
- 4 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Springs of thyme for garnish
Ingredients for Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 10 sprigs thyme
- Combine sugar, water and 10 sprigs of thyme in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until the sugar has dissolved completely (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and place the syrup in the refrigerator to cool (about 90 minutes).
- Place all ingredients (except Sparkling wine) in a large pitcher or carafe.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice and fill 1/2 with mixture.
- Top with sparkling wine and serve with a few sprigs of thyme for garnish.
Recipe adapted from here.