ACT Today! has been our Cabernet partner for 5 years with the mission to raise awareness and provide treatment services and support to families to help their children with autism achieve their full potential. Although one in 88 children in America have an autism spectrum disorder, we have found that many people are not familiar with what autism is and how it affects an individual’s life.
Together with ACT Today!, ONEHOPE is hosting “Speak Your Piece” -- an open-forum panel where individuals affected by autism from different perspectives can come together for an open and honest discussion about what autism is, how it affects the individual and the family, the most recent developments in diagnosis and treatment, and personal stories about how the disorder affects day to day life.
This panel will feature the following panelists:
- Jen Ocana - Super mom with 4 children; 1 with autism
- Zoe Morash - Therapist at the Center for Autism & Related Disorders
- Grady Brown - Author and living with autism
- Evelin Kung - Clinical Director at CARD
- Andy Kopito - Current president of Autism Society Los Angeles and has an adult son with autism
- Nancy Alspaugh-Jackson - Executive Director of ACT Today!, co-host of "Let's Talk Autism" web series, and has a son with autism
Join us for this candid discussion on April 2 at 2pm PT in honor of World Autism Awareness Day.