This salad combination of light, slightly bitter greens, mustard vinaigrette and apples are the prefect compliment to our California Chardonnay. The chopped, granny smith apples bring out the hint of apple and pear in the wine while the mustard vinaigrette offers the perfect touch of acidity to compliment the bitterness of the greens. This is a delicious, light and crisp salad to enjoy before a hearty main course.
[mk_image src="http://www.onehopewine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/salad_600x900.jpg" image_width="600" image_height="900" crop="true" svg="false" lightbox="false" frame_style="simple" target="_self" caption_location="inside-image" align="left" margin_bottom="10"][vc_empty_space height="25px"]
Yield: 2 Salads[vc_empty_space height="25px"]
- 1 head frisée
- 1 tbls coarse grain mustard
- 1 tbls red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium granny smith apple (chopped)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss greens in pan until slightly wilted and just starting to brown.
- To make your vinaigrette, whisk together mustard, red wine vinegar, black pepper, salt and remaining olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss greens, chopped apple and drizzle with vinaigrette.